Rhinoplasty, more commonly referred to as a nose job, is a procedure that is done to reshape the nose, often making it look smaller or more symmetrical. It can be performed for many different reasons, both medical and aesthetic, and millions of people around the world have benefitted from this surgery. There are many benefits to the procedure, which is why it has become so popular over the years. Here we’ll talk about what the benefits of rhinoplasty are and how to achieve them.
In order to get the best results from rhinoplasty, it is important to find the best rhinoplasty specialist in your area. We are based out of NYC, but there are many rhinoplasty surgeons around the world that are extensively trained and very talented. To find a great surgeon, you’ll need to spend time consulting with potential doctors, as well as reading online reviews and talking to friends or family to get recommendations. Once you’ve found a great doctor, you’ll need to prepare to pay the cost of rhinoplasty. In NYC, it is very expensive, particularly if it is done only for cosmetic reasons. The average cost of new york rhinoplasty varies widely, depending on where you choose to get the surgery. You will likely need to have some money saved up to pay it off, although most doctors now offer payment plans to alleviate the financial stress associated with the surgery.
There are plenty of great benefits associated with getting rhinoplasty. If you are a good fit for the surgery, it can help you breathe more easily, feel more confident in your looks, and much more. Here are the specific benefits that you can expect from rhinoplasty surgery.
- A nose job is a way to permanently correct asymmetrical features on your nose, giving your face a more even appearance. For many people, this can alleviate a huge source of stress, making them feel happier, more relaxed, and more confident in their appearance. This increased confidence can then in turn help increase their performance in their jobs and improve their social lives.
- Nose jobs can help reduce pain and deformities that are caused by a broken nose. Many people break their noses in accidents, sports, or fights, and it can really affect your day-to-day life. A rhinoplasty procedure is the quickest way to fix a broken nose, and you may even be happier with its new appearance than you were with your old one.
- Rhinoplasty can help correct sinus and breathing problems, which helps make daily life much more comfortable for the patient. Many people don’t realize just how bad their sinus issues are until they get corrective surgery to help them breathe better. This can have a huge impact on many different aspects of their lives, ranging from just ease of breath to severity of illness to snoring. When breathing is improved, things like stamina and comfort also improve, making life much more enjoyable.
- Nose jobs can help correct birth defects. Some people are born with noses that are unusually shaped, which can not only make it difficult to breathe, but also might prevent the patient from feeling satisfied with their looks. A rhinoplasty surgery can help with both the medical and aesthetic issues that come along with facial birth defects.
- Getting a nose job can severely reduce stress if you are suffering from an asymmetrical nose, a broken nose, or a birth defect that is causing you either emotional or physical pain. Once the nose is corrected, this stress is often alleviated. For many patients, less stress means that their health improves overall – they sleep better, have more energy, and even get sick less often.
- Rhinoplasty can actually improve your career in some situations, particularly if you are in a performing art or a high-profile position. Like it or not, our face is often the first thing that people think about when they meet us. This can sometimes create subconscious negative impressions, and in the case of performing artists, can make it impossible for them to get jobs. A nose job can eliminate these problems, making it easier for the patient to move forward. As previously mentioned, even if the nose job doesn’t directly impact their career trajectory, it can seriously improve confidence and performance, thus leading to career growth.
- Nose jobs can help with bullying or teasing in some very extreme situations. For many young adults, the size or shape of their nose is a distinguishing feature, and unfortunately it can lead to bullying. Although we all wish that this wasn’t an issue, getting a rhinoplasty surgery to help reshape the nose can help reduce the occurrance of teasing and increase confidence. Just keep in mind that in order for a young adult to get a nose job, the skeletal features in their face must be completely formed.
- If you’ve had a previous rhinoplasty surgery that did not provide you with the results you want, revision rhinoplasty can help to fix it.
If these benefits sound appealing to you, then you may want to consider learning more about nose jobs and even talking with a doctor in your area. Look at before and after pictures for nose jobs to see how the procedure works, and take the time to learn exactly what will occur during the surgery and what the recovery period is. If you want to proceed, the next step from there is to schedule a consultation. During this session, the doctor will meet with you to discuss the procedure in detail and determine if you are a good fit for it, both mentally and physically. If you are a good candidate, they will schedule your surgery.
Many people around the world have found confidence and lived happier, healthier lives because of their nose jobs. Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most complex types of cosmetic surgery, but it brings real results to people’s lives. Don’t feel that you have to continue suffering if you truly hate your nose or it is causing you health problems – a rhinoplasty surgery can correct it and help you feel better.